You are here
Foreign language subtitling
Andiamo! offers a high-quality translation and subtitling service for your video content. Our subtitling service is available in all languages in a variety of scripts.
For further information on our foreign language subtitling services call us on 08450 345677, or alternatively request a quote using the form on the right of the page and one of our knowledgeable team will get back to you.
Example of our subtitling work
Specialist tourism translation and subtitling of promotional videos
Our client is a local government-funded tourism body who promote the Lake District region.
We time-coded and translated their video scripts and subtitled their two new promotional videos in Chinese. The subtitled videos were required urgently for a meeting with Chinese delegates and we were able to provide a fast turnaround, whilst ensuring the subtitles were of a high quality.
How does the subtitling process work?
At Andiamo! we offer a full subtitling service and you can use all of the stages we offer or just some of them if you can handle some elements yourself. Below is the general subtitling process that's most commonly requested by our clients:
- You send us your video in any format along with your script and we look over it before providing a quote.
- Once we receive the go-ahead we time-code the script, which involves dividing the speech into small sections of two lines that will fit on the screen with timings that match the video.
- Our specialist translator(s) then translate the time-coded script adhering to the spatial restrictions.
- The translations are then checked by our in-house graduate linguists, or if you've opted for our Gold Service, by a second specialist translator.
- The translations are then finalised and burnt on to your video, which is then returned to you in your requested format.
Don't have a script for your video?
Andiamo's specialist transcribers can transcribe your video in preparation for time-coding. In addition to specialist freelance translators, we work with specialist audio and video transcribers who will prepare a high-quality script from your video content.
Should I use subtitling or voice-over for my video?
That's a very good question and one we're asked so frequently we've written a blog to help you.
If you decide voice-over is most appropriate for your content, visit our voice-overs page for further information.